The Household have been chatting a bit about some designs that we like and associate with the House of Green. Green is kind of obvious in itself, and I intend making up some table goods in a suitable green colour, in fact I’m hoping it might be one of my early dying projects. Of course I’ve discovered in preliminary dying research that green is actually quite a difficult colour to achieve, which surprised me. (I still hope someday to acquire a green velvet court dress all the same)
We’ve also chosen Ivy leaves as significant to our Household, and so I decided to have a go at making a banner, for the hell of it. I made it with felt (totally period. Except mine was acrylic felt and definitely not naturally dyed, but this is a fun project, whist!) I stitched in leaf veins and used embroidery thread to help with the ivy tendrils. The ivy leaf design came out better than I expected, I just need to finish off the banner itself now.